Saturday, 7 January 2012

K.J. Parker, Purple and Black - German translation

My German translation of K.J. Parkers excellent novella "Purple & Black" has just been published as a beautiful paperback edition by Golkonda press, German publisher of authors like David Marusek, Ted Chiang and Joe Lansdale. I hope I was able to do justice to Parker's sense of humor, wit and complexity. I can honestly say that I never before had so much fun translating a book. Who knows, if the fun is reflected in sales, Golkonda might publish another book by Parker (maybe even one of the meatier novels - The Company, for example) - I would certainly be looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Learn mandarin Chinese said...

The best place to Learn Chinese is in China. However, we understand that it isn't always possible to move here to study Chinese language. The next best thing is to study with our experienced teachers in a virtual classroom. Online students enjoy the same excellent way of mandarin online lesson and custom designed courseware that we provide for our face to face clients.